NARSIL-VG is stiff non-melting grease like NARSIL-VG material. It maintains its consistency over a wide temperature range of -40°C to 200°C. It may from a solid gel if subjected to temperature 250°C or above for a long periods.
Its low volatility very low vapor pressure of the base, chemical resistance, relatively resistance over a wide temperature range and sealing ability, make it an ideal sealant for high vacuum and high pressure systems and, sealant-cum-lubricant for chemical processing equipment.
A P P L I C A T I O N
- As a sealant and lubricant glass-joints and stop-cocks in high vacuum and high temperature systems as well as in ordinary systems.
- In pressure lubricated plug valves, control valves and ceramic plug cocks. In valves of water-softener.
- In fire-extinguishers to keep the valves dependably operable for long period despite sever temperature conditions and corrosive atmosphere.
- As a sealant on floating telephone batteries.
- To lubricate synthetic rubber O-Rings, seals and gaskets.
- Its high tack may be taken advantage of, in holding rubber and other parts in position during assembly of certain parts.
- As a release agent for epoxy, polyvinyl chloride, polyester resins and other plastics. Normally it is used only when common release agents including other silicone based release agents fail.
Gelling leading to solidification at or above 230°C on subjecting the paste for long periods.
NARSIL-VG has been found to be resistant to dilute aqueous aids, alkalis and other inorganic salt solutions. It is unaffected by most vegetable and mineral oils, many organic compounds and common gases.